Re: wild turkeys was: habitat/ponds/plants

I saw my first and only wild turkey summer before last.  Was thrilled
until I went out and saw what it had been up to.  Had totally
decimated several wild stands of Arisaema.  Soil was so dry and hard
it couldn't get to the tubers (which is, I think, what it wanted to
do) but it sure took care of the foliage.  When I saw the damage they
can do, I was glad I didn't see that bird again this year!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :