Re: Venice Orchid Show

I'd love one, but could I grow it as a houseplant?
Cathy
On Saturday, January 31, 2004, at 02:55 PM, james singer wrote:

Local village had it's annual orchid show today. Better than last year, I think, but last year was very good, also. Lots of ground orchids and lady slippers.

I noticed they had a lot of the vanilla bean orchid--small plants in small pots; 2" I think. Did not check the price [doesn't matter; first five are my treat]. I have one growing up one of the columns [posts] on the front of my house. So it's important to realize that they will adhere to a painted surface [not many vines will]. If any of you orchid collectors would like a vanilla bean, let me know NOW. The show is open tomorrow, but so is the Super Bowl so I can go back only in the AM.

Island Jim Southwest Florida Zone 10