Re: trees and other design elements

In a message dated 1/31/04 4:15:15 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

<< There are many other trees I'd love to have, but I want to keep some sun
space available.  I cram a lot in here, but sometimes I just have to admit I
can't have it all. >>

Amen to this, Kitty.  My feelings exactly but my mind is in constant design
mode searching over and over for that spot to add one more.  I am adding 2 more
I am ordering but the tree I most would like to have is an Acer grisum.  I
love that tree and I know of no one in this area that has this n their landscape.
    I also have the 12' lilacs but keep my viburnums, dogwoods, other 6'
arborvitae and yews pruned. Oh, I do have a Viburnum Rusty Black Haw that is tree
form & is probably 10-12'.  We cptd our home in the fall of 89'.  Our lot was
a bare pc of land except 3 very nice size green ash the developer put on the
parking. All 3  were lost in the tornado. One week after we moved in we take a
trip to Europe.  The sod went down after we came home and then we let the
ground settle till spring with the exception of a concolor we planted at the back
corner of the lot and prepared a site for our vegetable garden.