RE: ot- question, non gardening.

It stands for Instant Messaging. There are a few of them out there in cyber
world. I personally like yahoo's best, but also have aol, windows messenger,
and duh, what is the other one.

If you want to try it some time, let me know Pam.... I will guide you thru
the set up. (very simple!)

Basically it lets you talk in real time rather than waiting for an email to
come with a response.

Oh Auralie, if you click the little 'eye' above your buddy list, it will
show you off line... that way your friend will not know you are there.
Unfortunately, you have to do that every time you sign in. Yahoo gives you
the option to sign in 'invisible' to everyone or just some...

BTW, if I need to work on something important without interruption, I then
turn off the IM client.... otherwise it is always on, whether you see me or
not. Keeps the nut cases from hitting me.. my friends know to IM me whether
I am online or not.

Who really wanted to know if you guys would use a chat room....