Re: Snow!/ Viburnum

Hello Ceres,
I am not the "expert" here. Kitty was the one passing detailed information along to me that she located for us. Having said that... location of the viburnum and age and health determines the blooms... it is the berries we are talking about. For those you need pollination. Cross pollination works best with viburnum. First of all you need shrubs who have a bloom period that are either the same or have overlap in timing. Then it is best you have a differing cultivar or species for pollination. My Rusty Black Haw has not even bloomed for me as yet... 3 years in the landscape now..... My carlesii did pretty well without any other viburnum around. It died on me after 15 years this past season.
Kitty.. am I close here???
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com