Re: Lowes

I think this is common practice for most retail nurseries without regard to size or ownership. It's driven by the fact that the merchandise is perishable and they don't want any association to develop between their nursery and "inferior" or less than grade A material. This is why my favorite nurseries are those I call "botanic junkyards"--they never throw anything away, even the dead stuff until it has been dead for a long time. They put it in the back lot somewhere. I've found any number of bargain priced gems in back lots.