Re: drought

Yes, quite few.  Pineapple sage croaked, the caryopteris (four of
them) also, even the Russian sage which likes dry conditions, I think all of
three of those are toast too.  Even my big Wild thing salvia isn't looking
too good.  My weigela is a goner, going to replace it w/ a big rosemary.  No
telling if any of the grass will come back.  If not, I'll just let the weeds
take over the lawn.  Been keeping all my viburnums well watered and the
roses.  I think they will be OK, but only March will tell.  Most of the
mints and purple coneflowers are history too.  Some daylilies have
disappeared, but they may be hunkering down, at least I hope so.  All I'm
planting next Spring are rosemary, lavender, thyme and salvias.  And I will
replace the purple coneflowers.  They're a must w/ a bird & butterfly
sanctuary.  I may do a few peppers in pots, because I must have my peppers.
But I won't plant a big bed of them again.  Ten months of this.  It's
Thanks for letting me vent Chris.  I can't tell you how badly I want to take
all the flood waters and redirect them to Oklahoma & Texas.

On 1/2/06, Chris Petersen <chris@widom-assoc.com> wrote:
> Pam,
> Have you lost a lot of plants?
> Chris Petersen