Busy weekend

You guys were sure busy on the keyboards over the weekend, I had over 150
messages waiting this morning. Our weather was gorgeous but I only got out
in the garden one day. I did get the fruit trees pruned finally, they didn't
get it last year. I hate pruning - I am so fretful about doing it "wrong"
that I end up frozen, unable to decide where to cut. But I gritted my teeth,
read my pruning book and then just cut away. Judiciously. I'm sure I didn't
take off as much as they needed. I have three peaches, two plums, two
apricots, and two jujubes. And I got about four pieces of fruit total last
year, the trees just didn't bear well to start with and then the birds and
my too-tall dog helping themselves to the rest while I wasn't paying
attention. Next weekend the roses, I missed pruning a lot of them last year
I am helping my sister get an old house ready for sale, that used up all
Saturday, much to be done. Too bad it's two hours from where I live or
husband I might try to buy it and renovate. It's a 1900s Craftsman bungalow
and quite a lot of the interior is still beautifully intact. Oh man...the
mahogany woodwork. The leaded glass cabinets. The hardwood floors.
Unfortunately there's also a major amount of work to be done - like all new
electrical not to mention plumbing. Alas my sister does not want the hassle
and I can't afford it so it goes for sale as is. I took some pelargonium
cuttings from the backyard (gotta mention gardening somewhere) and it looks
increasingly likely that I am going to end up with a cat too, the last
remnant of 20 or 30 feral cats that were being fed there. He is a very
friendly fellow but has some odd lumps around his face so if I end up with
him I think a vet visit is first off. I wouldn't mind some advice from those
of you who often take in strays as to what precautions I should take.