Re: Hakonechloa macra 'Aureola'

My oldest plant is at the edge of our pond & under a Acer palmatum 'Crimson
Queen'    & near a   Juniperus horizontalis 'Mother Lode' which is under the
umbella of a mature Autumn Purple Ash.   I would say it is more mature than the
plant in the photo Chris had.
     The other one which is only 2 yrs mature is located on a border edge
near Rhododendron 'Lemon Lights', a purple Japanese Iris (variety escapes me at
the moment ) which is backed by Sambucus canadensis 'Aurea'   and somewhat in
the shade of the Japanese Tree Lilac which across the path & to the west.
Both are in a shady area but receive early morning sun.