Re: Hakonechloa...heat tolerant variety?

Gene, the gardens around here use the typical grasses that do well in heat
and in our case here in the SE.....where we have humidity, but also  some
periods of no rainfall, and others with too much.   I  thought perhaps there was a
new variety out on the market that we might  try.  I've always loved the look
of that particular grass, so was  hoping.  So many new varieties out on plants
that are to be more  heat tolerant, less chill hours, etc....and stretch the
usual  boundaries.  Most haven't been suitable for us, but.....it's worth a
shot to try.
Kitty sent me some plants that were questionable  about surviving here, but
they have done really well considering our  drought situation this year.  We
haven't really had the high temps that  we've had in previous years, but I
thought for sure with temps in the 90's  and the lack of water they wouldn't do
well....but they have.  One  just never knows.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 1/14/2006 11:02:18 PM Central Standard Time,