Re: rain....tomatoes

Jim, our usual heavy crop of wild tomatoes didn't materialize this year
much.  Guess they need a bit more moisture than they got to yield a good  crop.
The plants are still alive, but....not much fruit this year compared  to
previous years.  Perhaps if we get some spring rains then they'll come  back.
Hopefully.  We've had one good rainfall this year, so far, and  supposed to have
another rain day this coming week (Tues).   Still no  winter to speak of at all,
we've had a light frost once which didn't even knock  back the usually
sensitive plants....so anything needing chill hours hasn't  gotten it at all.
Unusually high temps here, not that I'm complaining at  all, but....we could have
used more moisture.

Loved the Ode to the Garden hose poem, sent it out to all my gardening
buddies here in TX.  They all loved it and said it was about time that  someone put
to words how they felt.  I think the businesses around here  have sold more
hoses this year than anything!

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 1/14/2006 11:02:18 PM Central Standard Time,