Re: Plants for the midwest

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Plants for the midwest
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:45:47 -0600

Rich, I'm still a little new at cuttings - especially the survival part.
Previously I overwintered them in the garage, but when I asked for
suggestions this year, most people said they needed more cold, so I put the
small cuttings in the FL room, but it got so very cold this Novemeber that I
lost my nerve and brought them into the garage cuz they looked so pitiful.
They've lost their leaves but I think I still see little green nubbins on
them.

The 2yr old one, the only one left from the two I did then will go to
Andrea.  but if these little ones I did last summer make it, you are quite
welcome to one.  I only had about 30% success on them compared to 100% on
the other varieties I tried.  I think that was because I was a little late;
the wood was harder.  Next year I will try to get to them sooner.

I'll watch them in the spring and if they do show signs of life I'll send it
to you.

Kitty