Re: Gene's greenhouse

I think I am grateful now that I made the decision to go passive solar only
in my grnhse so I do not have any gas bills. I do have power so in really
extreme weather I can leave lights on for enough additional warmth to keep from
losing everything. It seldom gets below 28F even with several cloudy 0 degree
days in a row. Of course I'm not really "growing" anything...just holding. But it
works for holding the more tender things in 1 gal pots and I can be out there
potting up plugs and bare root in Feb. Don't have running water 'tho which is
sort of a pain but do-able. By the end of Mar I'm bursting at the seams but
by then I can start hardening off which isn't too difficult as the pots have
been subject to a hard life already! Am still anxious to try hypertufa. It's a
New Years resolution! I like this time of year..Anticipation is high ( and the
body doesn't hurt too much yet). kathy