Re: Gene's greenhouse / butterflies

Bonnie,
The failure of our transplanted papaws was mostly our own fault. We set them out at a goodly distance from any water source, then promptly went into a drought. Could not keep enough moisture on them while they were trying to settle in. Hopefully it will be different this year. And we will transplant a bit earlier this time.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Gene, my Uncle Albert in Loogootee always had papaws, so hang in there.
Definitely try them again! Uncle Albert's soil wouldn't have been that much
different than yours and the climate would have been very similar. He had
both the open fields and left some land as forested areas, too.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)