Re: Rain....height

Yes, but I think Randy Newman has always written ironic songs. I took a course on satire in literature in college and one of the things we studied was his tune "Simon Smith and His Amazing Dancing Bear," another song basically about intolerance. Problem is, too many people don't think about the subtext of such things; they just take it at face value.

Maria in NE PA

Noreen said: "Noreen <----------still traumatized over the song "short
people" in High School."

You and me both, Noreen! And this was in an era when folks were learning to
be tolerant of others? UGH!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)