Re: greenhouse/butterflies...pipevine

Not really, but it has survived here fine....even last year with 6 inches  of
snow on it's head. The upper leaves shriveled up, but the vine was  fine.
It has never died back.  We've had no freezes this year,  although a few close
calls....and it is still blooming!   The blooms  are about 10 inches to a foot
long.   A friend of mine in Clear Lake  (in between Houston and Galveston)
grows the A. gigantea....talk about  gorgeous!!  The blooms are 18 inches long
at least!  Absolutely  spectacular, although it doesn't seem to bloom as much
as my A. grande  does.  If you send me your mailing address, I'd be glad to
send you some  seeds.  I still owe a bunch of folks some seeds, so will be
sending those  out soon too.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 1/28/2006 8:03:14 AM Central Standard Time,