Re: weathercom

In a normal year (whatever that is) we have rain in the fall off and on,
winter can be fairly wet and pretty good rain in March, April and into May.
Come Memorial Day we get very little until after Labor Day, just an
occasional storm here and there.  And yes 35-40 inches is a normal total.
Something we haven't seen in a while.  Interstate 35E is the line that
separates 35" and above (east of the line) and below 35" (west of the
line).  To this day, approximately 80-85% of the population in Texas lives
on the line or east of it.  I found that not surprising in the pioneer days,
but it holds true even now.  Interesting.  Actually that 6 + inches we got
December 29th brought us almost up to a normal 35 inches.  But the bulk of
it came in January and February w/ very little after that until December.
So the drought continues.  But w/ El Nino in place, I expect more rain for
now.  Got about an inch last night which was an unexpected and pleasant
surprise!
I just hope 2007 is the year the drought breaks.  Two years is too much!

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX