Re: now trips- was master gardener class ideas?

Not much to expand on..

When the watergardening club was first formed, many
-now big names- where part of it.  As a group project we had displays and
booths at the garden show for many years.  For the first 5-6 years I was part
of the planning committee as we worked out what we were going to do that year.
They eventually gave up doing that show (it is rough to man a booth for 10
days with volunteers when most of us where working folks, not to mention the
grind of getting it there- up- and finished in 2 days around their hours when
we all lived 40 plus miles away) and moved on to having our own local garden
show at the fair grounds in our neighborhood.  This actually worked out better
for the group - but was also a lot of work getting vendors and others besides
our group to do displays and such....The first year was really rough, but
after that great turn out, all the locals wanted to be in it and we had to
expand to two buildings....Not sure about the last 2 years, but prior to that
we had over
 2000 attending over the weekend. Not bad for a small garden group with less
than a hundred members running it....and of course, all were not active.

believe Craig continued on with the Chicago show as a business... he left the
group after the second year and went on to be a big name.

Donna

-----