To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] back to gardening.....

A favorite combination for me is a combination of two or three sages.
Bergartten Sage combines well with tricolor and purple sages, or
whatever is available.  Some years I have had good luck with the
dwarf sunflowers - 'Music Box' is one, but last year none of my
sunflower seeds came up, either in pots or in the garden.  Don't
know why.  I also like to grow the dwarf basil 'Spicy Globe' and
'Thai Hot' peppers in containers near the kitchen.  For several
years now I have had a large pot - 18" - of one of the hardy
geraniums - don't know which cultivar or even where it came
from, but it has wintered over, filled the entire pot, and is quite
handsome foliage even after the bloom is past.  It is a white one
with a faint pink tinge, but I can't really identify it - I have six or
seven cultivars, some of which I can identify, but not this one.
Auralie

In a message dated 01/22/2007 4:06:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,