Re: Update: Orange Jasmine

Glad tohear you saved it, Jim. It is a pin to remove big plants when they die.
Andrea,
In Mazatlan Mexico our favorite restaurant (Panamas) has a small hedge of Jasmine, clipped like a boxwood hedge! We've been there a couple of other winters & never noticed that. It had a few blooms so I noticed it this year. Very pretty. I bet it smells heavenly in full bloom. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea Hodges" <andreah@hargray.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Update: Orange Jasmine

YAY! Wonderful news! I don't suppose you could send me a photo. I have some type of Jasmine that I got from the Garden Gate, and have no clue what the Latin is. It's about 4 feet tall and a sort of slender, woody plant and left to its own devices sends out long shoots that eventually begin to weep. It's not a vine though. The blooms are small white clusters of individual flowers and smell divine. It's definitely been limbed up, as it has no lover branches.