To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 7:30 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

warm here too, 80 today but back down in the mid 30's by tomorrow night.
How nice.  And yes, it does play havoc w/ the plants.

well now.... figured I should add to the discussion since here it also is
unusal weather mode.

I live 40 miles south of Chicago, so it is zone 5, this is January... it
supposed to be cold and icy and all that stuff.

Well today it was 71 according to my car. Officially Chicago weather is
at the airport, 60 miles north of me... and that hit the hotest weather
since they have been recording ....at 65.

Now, we are in a thunderstorm (yes, here in Illinois - in January!) and
unfortuately, much farther north near the Wisconsin border, tornadoes
have hit.

My poor plants!.... just a few days ago the temp was minus 2 with a wind
chill of minus 12 and ten inches of snow on the ground.... and by the
end of the week - er a couple of days, the high will only be in the
20's.

Sigh, ... just who pissed off ma nature cause everywhere is strange
weather.

Donna
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/729666,weath010708.article

--