what to do?

I've got too much shade and I'm thinking of removing a Yoshino Cherry that I
planted too close to the house.  This would, of course, ruin the Lamium
groundcover, but I can move that to another spot.  What I'm really concerned
about is a Japanese Maple 'Orangeola' that's planted under it.  It would
still have shady protection from a nearby  Norway maple and redbud, but...
A couple of years ago I had a Viburnum that wasn't performing well due to
too much shade, so I moved it.  When I did, the Syringa 'Jessie' next to it
died.  Nothing to do with roots; it seemed as though taking out the vibe
changed its exposure, protection.  Fortunately I had taken 2 cuttings from
the lilac before moving the vibe, and one little one is doing well.

I can't take cuttings of Orangeola, they aren't successful and, besides, it
has taken years for it to get to this substantial size.  I am worried that
removing the cherry would alter the conditions and the precious maple would
croak.  In the other example, the vibe survived.  I moved it in fall.  Do
you think it was the timing?  Would 'O' stand a better chance if the cherry
comes out in spring?

Was it all coincidence?  Am I stewing over nothing?

neIN, Zone 5