Japanese Maple 'Orangeola'

Kitty,

All I've read about Japanese Maple 'Orangeola' indicates that it likes full
sun.  I would remove the cherry in late winter or early spring when the
light is still weak and the temperatures are cool. Also, there will
hopefully be some rainfall to ease the transition for all. Since the maple
is already established, I think it should do well with adequate water during
dry spells.

Here's Acer 'Garnet' in at least 6 hours of sun: http://snipurl.com/1wunb.
Please excuse the poor photo quality.  When I switched to Shutterfly, they
must have changed the images to make them smaller or something. The hostas
used to be shaded by a Privet TREE- it was HUGE, but they adjusted to being
in the sun as well.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)