no DTD allowed here. If a new company wants to promote something, they
do it at the town hall (err... bar) everyone gets a notice in the
mailbox with time, date, who they are.... and it is up to you to show up
if you want to hear the deal of the week.

  Although I will get kids coming to the door selling some kind of school thing- candy bars, magazines....
I do feel sorry for the telemarketers who call my aging mothers house
tho..... they get the speach about getting a real job instead of
bothering old folks like her... LOL~!

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
  Not too many d-t-d salespeople when it's 20 degrees out here....
Verizon heavily canvassed here last year, trying to convert everyone. I
would see them going d-t-d in addition to the constant barrage of mail and
tv ads. But they didn't usually get to me because my doorbell doesn't work
One guy finally confronted me in the driveway. We talked at length, but
Verizon could in no way match what I get from Comcast. So he gave up. Then
around Tgvg they sent a young girl here. Again, Verizon can't match what I
get from Comcast. One difference in her spiel was that several times she
mentioned that Comcast used copper wire which she said is nowhere near as
good as what Verizon has. I explained that Ft Wayne's REA Wire is a large
producer of the copper wire and I'd much rather keep a local manufacturer in
business. Finally, she told me essentially that Comcast would be defunct in
the coming year and then I'd be sorry because it would cost me twice as much
to convert. (well, she said it more nicely than that, but that's the gist of

neIN, Zone 5