I live in  a sort of rural area, the town (pop 104) seems to be too
small for the dtd types to bother with.  However, the phone solicitors
are rampant.  My good friend Jim Kelly has 9 kids, he says it's kinda
neat, when the phone folks call, he gives the phone to a 2 year old.
Has been doing that quite a while.  Says he isn't bothered very much,
and it keeps the kids entertained.  The phone folks, on the other hand
don't enjoy it nearly as much, since they can't break the connection
until he does.  I think it's great.