Re: World Orchid Conference

Wow! Wish I could go. I bought my first orchid just after I joined this group. I managed not to kill any for a couple years, then gave up on them. I still buy a blooming one every few months, then pass it on before I neglect it to death. Actually I think my house is just too dry.
Judy B z 6 Idaho 18 F with a little snow and ice hanging on from last Wed.
----- Original Message ----- From: <TeichFauna@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:41 AM
Subject: [CHAT] World Orchid Conference

The 19th WOC, in Miami, begins tomorrow and runs thru Sunday. If anyone is in the area, this would be a once in a lifetime event. Orchid growers from
all over the world will be there to  participate in the show, as well as
vendors. The orchid growers from Taiwan actually chartered an entire plane to bring in their people, and orchids for this event. I was told that Taiwan wasn't the only country doing this. The World Orchid Conference is held in the US
aprox. every  20 years.

A member of the  Tamiami Orchid Society wrote that  thier Orchid Festival
runs this Friday thru Sunday also. Several larger vendors will be at both events and Tamiami will offer more boutique-sized vendors and an impressive line-up of speakers, at one admission price. There is no reason to miss either event - there is a free shuttle bus that will transport attendees between the two
venues. The shuttle will avoid airport traffic  congestion!

If you would like more info: _www.19woc.com_ (http://www.19woc.com) and
    _www.miamiorchidfestwww.miam_ (http://www.miamiorchidfestival.com)

I  had planned on attending the WOC, but had to cancel my plans do to
starting the process of BSI Judging school instead. Sure wish I could go. So
anyone that is in the area this weekend......enjoy this opportunity.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast