Re: More Food for Thought

Kitty, it's just probably that what goes around comes around in the next
generation.  My grandmother, who raised me, would never eat crusts of
bread.  She carefully trimmed all her sandwiches and always threw out
the heel of a loaf.  Of course, it was considered the depth of something or
other to serve "store-bought" bread at a meal.  It had to be hot biscuits or
corn bread - but then she always had a cook and probably wouldn't have
known how to make either of those things.  Anyway, it was not until I had
my own home and baked my own bread that I learned how special the
crusts were.  I was always willing to share with my sons, but they took
the position that since I was the baker, I had the privilege of taking the
heel.
I have no idea of how my grandsons feel about bread crusts.
Auralie

In a message dated 1/11/2009 12:46:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,