Re: More Food for Thought

When my kids were young I used to make all the bread we ate - all sorts.
One day my ten-year-old said plaintively, "Ma, why can't we ever have
good bread like the Blackmores? (nextdoor neighbors)  It's called
Wonder."

In a message dated 1/11/2009 5:44:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
inlandjim1@q.com writes:

Yeah, Wonderbread is godawful stuff. They ought to be jailed for even
calling it bread. You can't even make decent French toast with it.

On Jan 11, 2009, at 1:24 PM, Kitty wrote:

> In my earlier years we lived on homemade potato bread for everything
> except for an occasional loaf of Rosen's Rye.  When we moved to
> Indiana when I was 10, we started eating something like Wonderbread
> - awful stuff.  Anytime a family member would visit us from Chicago,
> they'd be sure to bring some Rosen's.  The crust on that was so
> tough, your teeth had to fight with it - it was THAT GOOD!  And
> delicious seeds.  I can't believe it now when I see seedless soft
> rye bread available in stores. What IS the point?

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.fr
eecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=DecemailfooterNO62)