Re: Poultry in the Parlor

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Poultry in the Parlor
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:52:33 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=SjjxZNmuBicu/vp3isWlUPze+nkIguM4dpKKbf+gIe8=; b=emk+p2aarjKQx+Je67a/GMW5/SeHhxwacBa+0WG6SR2YZh+LmI9j/Ve6pPm6NA8VP3 AQv3OWjTSUGFCnlu2wZ/uVgiZjUrTZRHb7g0x37+ZXBxTMKH7TQuWgtbvGy5v/SvNUoR ZjpzkkULMYePVsU3h18QwWF5IWMGwcD8jNp5M=

Exactly - creepy people come to get my roosters and I just can't do that.
Feed store won't special order for me, they just get a certain kind, every
year, and when they're gone, they're gone.  I have Silver Laced Wyandottes
and I love them.  The only place I could find them anywhere NEAR my home,
was Lebanon, Missouri - which is a three hour drive from my place, and I
can't do it on a weekend cause they aren't open, and I have to take off
work.  The thought of mailing them - and losing a baby in transit - makes me
cringe.  I'm such a wimp when it comes to animals.  Can't stand to see them
get hurt or lose one.  BUT - that hatchery will sell a 15 minimum of
pullets, so I may try it this year.  We'll see.  Gonna wait until it warms
up a bit.  Raising chicks in my laundry room is a mess.