Re: was Dogs now peeping tom scum

  • Subject: Re: was Dogs now peeping tom scum
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:22:59 -0600

Any child who thinks a gun is a toy, was not brought up properly by their
parents.  They should be taught to respect a gun and what it can do.  I was
taught how to shoot at age six...and my father shot a pumpkin, and I watched
it explode everywhere, and my dad said, "don't play with a
gun...EVER...because that's what will happen if you hit somebody...always
respect a gun, and never aim it at a person unless you intend to have them
look like that (and pointed to the pumpkin).  I never, EVER, messed with my
dad's guns, but I knew where every single one of them were kept.  And they
were loaded.  My dad was Navy, and he was on a ship for long periods at a
time, and my mother was out in the country, on a farm, with three
daughters...and pregnant with my brother.  He wanted to make sure my mother
knew how to use them, and that we had some way to protect ourselves if we
needed to.  I think growing up on a farm, and in the country, and being
military makes a difference.

--
Jesse R. Bell