Forecast was right
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Forecast was right
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:42:58 -0500

We've been inundated with dire forecasts about the storms for the last
week and they were right. It's not too bad where I am, tho it's
definitely wet, but the LA basin and the coast are really getting
hammered. I saw on the news they even had a little tornado. There's a
bit of local flooding but it hasn't really rained hard enough for us to
get the dangerous flash floods.
Anyway it's been raining since Monday, there have been a couple breaks
but mostly just light rain. We even had a little snow yesterday for
about an hour. It didn't stick at my elevation but we could see it on
the local hills. It doesn't seem very cold at the moment so I expect the
rain will have melted it all.  Supposedly it will clear up Saturday.
I ordered my seeds and if the weather cooperates Saturday I will set
about pruning the fruit trees and the roses.

Cyndi