From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Andrea H
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 4:34 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] OT/MRI Results

Hi, all. For those of you who wanted to know, the Doc called yesterday
with my MRI results. I have not one, but two bulging disks in my L4 and
L5 vertebrae. yay me.

I am to see him again on July 11 and no gardening until then, at all. I
also discovered that it's not a good idea to mop or vacuum either as I
have spent the day lying flat on my back in pain. So I get to have a
messy garden AND a messy house. Not complaining mind you, I'm glad to
know what's wrong finally and that there are things we can do. Right at
this particular moment I'm so fed up I want to say "JUST OPERATE! FOR
CRYING OUT LOUD!" But of course he assured me that surgery is a last
resort.  So I'm on heavy duty anti-inflammatory drugs, and I can't do
anything. Except got to work and walk around. So there we are! Just
thought I'd let you all know. Oh, and I bought a gorgeous Hibiscus
moscheutos that is this deep magenta. It's sitting in a container of
water till someone can plant it for me. Thank goodness it's raining a
lot right now! Andrea H Beaufort, SC Zone 8b