Re: American Gardener

I have Gentiana septemfida var. lagodechiana and Gentiana cruciata.
I've had the G.s.l. for several years. It doesn't do anything spectacular
except the color of its blooms.  Runs along the ground in a shady spot.
Probably should be moved to better soil.  The G.c. I just got last year.  When
I checked it the other day and it appeared to be getting ready to bloom.
Unfortunately, the huge clouds of mosquitoes in the backyard have kept me
away.  These are not the stars of my garden, but the delightful little
surprises I'm awarded when I look more closely.

Meanwhile, the first of my toadlilies is getting ready to bloom,
Tricyrtis 'Tiojen'.