Re: Artemisia

I got 'Guizhou' several years ago from Bluestone.  It limped along the first 2
years because the spot I gave it got too shady. I lost one and move the other 2
to more sun and they did quite well.  Well enough that over the last few years
I divided and sold some off in my annual sale.  Last year I divided the large
clump in fall and got about 16 - 4 inch pots and 8  - 10 inch mum pots.  I sunk
the pots for the winter and in May repotted the 4 inch to gallon size which we
sold along with 2 of the big mum pots at the MG sale.  We put 2 more in the
gardens and I replanted one at home and sold the other 3 in my own sale.  In a
few years I'll probably be able to do that all over again.  It is not that this
is a rampant plant - not at all.  It grows steadily in a tight clump so that it
gets larger, but not at all invasive.  I'm not sure why you'd have trouble
keeping it alive unless you're getting really tiny starts that have trouble
getting established or its not getting enough sun.  If you want, Chris, I'll
see how mine's doing this fall and if possible, pot you up a new division.