colchicum available

Dear Friends,

I have a terrific deal on Colchicum speciosum that you might like to share.
These bulbs are planted in mid August to mid Sept for blooming in October-
November.  They're variously listed as hardy, narrowly as Zones 4 to 7 and as
widely as 3 to 9.  My source is offering "...decent large sized bulbs at $1.00
each plus shipping."   Since shipping of 100 bulbs is $30, that makes them
$1.30 each.  Consider that Brent & Becky's Bulbs is asking $3.60 each, and
Odyssey Bulbs wants $3.50 each, this is one heck of a deal.  I've given the URL
for Mobot on this bulb, but there is one thing he neglects to mention.  RODENTS
WILL NOT TOUCH THESE BULBS; THEY ARE POISONOUS.  I've grown these for a few
years. They are very dependable, very beautiful, and taller than some of the
cultivars - about 10 inches.  They multiply well, too.  They should be planted
beneath a short groundcover like woolly thyme, allysum, Phlox subulata, etc, to
give them a bit of support as they bloom while they are dormant; without leaves.

I have 50 to spare and anyone who would like some just let me know - first
come, first served.  If you've never grown Colchicum, don't worry, there's
nothing to it and they are some of the loveliest flowers around - especially
because they bloom vibrantly when everything else is dying down for winter.

Info:
http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/codea/A441.shtml

another pic:
http://jouet.roger.free.fr/photos/septembre/colchicumspeciosum.jpg

Note to Chris: I am not "selling" on hort.net, as I am taking no profit.  I
just want to share the opportunity with friends.

Kitty