Re: colchicum available

Should you have any bulbs left I would take 25 of them just let me know.

kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:

Dear Friends,

I have a terrific deal on Colchicum speciosum that you might like to share. These bulbs are planted in mid August to mid Sept for blooming in October-
November. They're variously listed as hardy, narrowly as Zones 4 to 7 and as widely as 3 to 9. My source is offering "...decent large sized bulbs at $1.00 each plus shipping." Since shipping of 100 bulbs is $30, that makes them $1.30 each. Consider that Brent & Becky's Bulbs is asking $3.60 each, and Odyssey Bulbs wants $3.50 each, this is one heck of a deal. I've given the URL for Mobot on this bulb, but there is one thing he neglects to mention. RODENTS WILL NOT TOUCH THESE BULBS; THEY ARE POISONOUS. I've grown these for a few years. They are very dependable, very beautiful, and taller than some of the cultivars - about 10 inches. They multiply well, too. They should be planted beneath a short groundcover like woolly thyme, allysum, Phlox subulata, etc, to give them a bit of support as they bloom while they are dormant; without leaves.

I have 50 to spare and anyone who would like some just let me know - first come, first served. If you've never grown Colchicum, don't worry, there's nothing to it and they are some of the loveliest flowers around - especially because they bloom vibrantly when everything else is dying down for winter.

another pic:

Note to Chris: I am not "selling" on hort.net, as I am taking no profit. I just want to share the opportunity with friends.