Re: American Gardener/ Gentiana

Hello Dan,
    Sound as though your parnassis is doing OK where it is bloom wise. Just
give it time enough to form a small colony for more blooms in number. As to
moving... to a problem. I would do it after the heat of summer has settled
down. Move with a moist root ball to another moist spot and water in well.
Doubt you will have any problems. They do well in late spring being divided
and potted up.....placed in an open shade spot and kept moist.
    I will have them in this fall's inventory for the first time. Definitely
a "different" little plant in appearance. Now I am getting curious about
some of the other species beside glauca.......
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com