Re: water/fireworks NOW Town Ordinances

In a message dated 7/1/2004 5:58:15 AM Central Standard Time,
gardenqueen@academicplanet.com writes:
We also have a noise ordinance - hello! I got my point across, trust me.

You are lucky they listened to you at all.  A few months ago some new fools
(read Clampetts) in town decided to go coon hunting on property one of them had
just bought.  It's a whole block away from my house and well within the city
limits.  Needless to say, I went ballistic, drove to where they were and told
them they were idiots.  I then wrote a letter to the mayor and aldermen, and
followed up by attending the next town meeting to make sure my letter was read
into the minutes.  We DO have a leash law in town, and it contains strong
admonitions against allowing dogs to run loose.  The letter caused a few
paternalistic smiles, and I got a condescending "Well, you know how she is about those
cats."   I thought seriously about running for the position of alderman,
having already been city recorder here for 3-1/2 years (and knowing more than most
about how town government is supposed to be conducted), but I decided I am
much too passionate about my positions on issues and would probably have a stroke
or have my house burned down.  I'm already suspect since I am one of only two
houses with a Kerry sign in my yard.

zem
zone 7
West TN