@#$%^ CHIPMUNKS!

I have had a large clump of Canada lilies growing in a large container in my
breezeway - this way they are somewhat protected from the deer.  There were 14
stems, each with at least a dozen buds - going to be quite a sight.  Looked
out and saw one of the stems shaking - went to see what it was and there was a
chipmunk grasping the stem and eating the flower buds!  I have been overrun
with the blasted things this year.  We've always had them, but the cats used to
keep them under control, and I never knew them to do anything worse than
digging in some of my containers.  This year the cats just sit there, and they are
digging up everything, but this is the first time I have seen them actually
eating the flower buds.  I'm ready to have chipmunk stew.
Auralie