Re: OT-What July Fourth Means to Me- Long!

Here in Quincy, IL, I usually (missed it this year, being en route to WV) go down to our park on the Mississippi River. listen to the local municipal (volunteer) band play (this year they were just back from playing at the new WWII Memorial in DC), and then, the fireworks over the Mississippi and Quinsippi Island's giant American flag, with the local radio station supplying appropriate music in the background. Brings a tear to your eye!