From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:34:20 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Today's Activities

I spent a couple of hours deadheading daylilies and Iris at the
display<br>gardens and another couple hours doing much the same here. I
love bottled<br>water, but I'm cheap. I refill
<Zemuly@aol.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Monday, July 12,
weeded for about 6 hours and two outfits. The temp was in
the<br>90s,<br>> and the humidity felt like it was, too. I have almost
finished one big<br>bed,<br>> having done the smaller bed earlier in the
summer. It seems that this<br>year<br>> every seed that dropped has
germinated and grown to enormous size. The<br>lasagna<br>> bed I made
year before last has giant plants. Luckily, there are so
many<br>plants<br>> that the grass is long and spindly and easy to pull
out -- the downside of<br>it<br>> is there is so much of it! I will
hopefully finish this one (still have<br>most<br>> of the middle and
front to do) tomorrow and start on the really huge bed.<br>> That is
going to be a nightmare (and probably a 4 outfit day). It's
a<br>good<br>> thing I just bought a case of bottled water. <LOL> I did
notice some of<br>the four<br>> o'clocks are setting seed so I will get
Clerodendrum trichotomum is in full bloom and looks and smells
awesome.<br>> It is a magnet for butterflies. If I can get it together
TN<br>><br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com