Re: AGM awards

On Jul 17, Donna wrote:
> > I'm not sure if you meant writing copy, or copyrighting.  :)  If the
> > former,
> > yes.  Most systems can output PDF, so it's universal, and, as you say,
> > compatible.
> Both :)... even if you have the software, you can make it unchangeable
> (locked)as in official documents.

OK.  But not in the legal definition of the word, because it doesn't matter
if it's scribbled on a napkin or in PDF format for that.

> Maybe they were thinking of those on a dial up.... a full download might
> take an hour or two to get. An index on the first pdf would have been
> helpful.

But since most of the file size is the embedding of fonts, if they used
the same fonts throughout all chapters the size difference should be
negligible.  In fact, by making each chapter separate they're forcing me
to download the same font 48 times!

A detailed index would've been helpful though, you're right.

> I knew you would know the 'correct' answers :) Feel free to jump in the
> conversations anytime... Speaking for the group here, we would be happy
> to hear from you more often... but understand that you are also a very
> busy person....:)

I hate to say it, but you guys are just too chatty for me.  :)  I get
over 1000 messages per day just at Mallorn that aren't spam (3000 counting
the spam), and I just can't keep up.  I try to read through the archives
every once in a while, but I usually get lost pretty quickly.

I do enjoy your conversations though, and really wish I had more time to
be part of the 'family'.

Incidentally, I only mentioned this because I wanted people to know why
I selectively answer messages.  :)