RE: Squirrels

I like the squirrels in our yard.  Dad's squirrels planted all his walnut
trees for him and were tame enough to be hand fed.  Ours are not afraid of
us at all, though they aren't ready for us to hand feed them either (as if
any of us had the time for such pleasurable pursuit.)  We do feed the
squirrels though.  We've discovered that even if neighbors have squirrel
problems, we don't.  They stay out of our house.  There is shelter on the
front porch as well as food for them.  And I love to watch squirrel antics!
They are quite the performers.  (But then, I even like chipmunks even though
our back hill is riddled with their tunnels and they fill up the engine area
of our rider in the underporch shed with large quantities of grain, nuts and
corn over the winter.)

Kitty, I'm glad you are doing better!  Donna, how are you and your DH?  How
long until he's back to work?  Pam, I know you love the heat, but pace
yourself in that hot Texas sun.  Here's hoping everyone is doing well and
enjoying the summer in the garden!

BTW, I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up.  DH has gotten a new job and
we are trying to juggle his new responsibilities with our current
obligations, and we are trying to get ready to go on our first vacation in
at least 6 years!!!  Daughter Rayna will be caring for momma for me.  There
is so much to do and so little time to do it.  I hope to try and dig my way
out of the e-mails sometime upon my return the SE OH in the first full week
of August.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5) who planted 20 quart sized and larger plants in less
than 2 hours over the weekend!  (Found LOTS of good end of season
clearance--especially herbs!)