RE: now cat names

My cats are:

Chessie (short for Chesapeake- got her when I lived in Maryland, and she
looks exactly like the "Chessie cat" from the old C&O railroad ads).  She's
my cat on prednisone.

also George (from the old Bugs Bunny cartoon take-off on Of Mice and Men, as
in "I'm going to pet him, and play with him, and call him George".  Was a
joke, because the cat wouldn't let me touch him at all for 6 weeks.  He was
a little starving stray who took up snoozing on my deck in Maine. He is now
a small, pudgy grey that looks/behaves like he is part Korat.  Very social
and lovey. Sleeps on my stomach every night.

and then Calvin (he's the siamese and has a propensity for trouble- like
Calvin & Hobbs. Rescued him in the middle of the road after a 105 degree
Sacramento day, being strangled by his own collar.  God only know what he'd
been through. He was a mess- but cleaned up to be a flame-point siamese with
stunning blue eyes. He is wacky.

Hannah was my kitty I had to euthanize last year.  The name just seemed to
fit her.  She was a big snuggler with a super loud purr.

I grew up with a Siamese named Kubla Khan (his father was Ghangus Khan)- we
just called him Kubie.  My mom's 22 year old cat (we got her with I was 16)
that was just put to sleep last month was named "Thistle" by me- she was a
grey color that reminded me of thistle-down and as a kitten she had
killer-sharp claws!