Re: Tepid....citrus

Not too long ago, I was at a friend's house that had Calamondins.  He  asked
if I wanted some seed.  I told him no, that I already had a  citrofortunella
that was sour that I use in drinks (Cuba Libre especially),  don't need any
more sour citrus.  He informed me that I must have been  eating them wrong.
Picked a fruit and told me to eat it like a  Kumquat.....skin and all.  Of course
I wrinkled my nose at him, but he said  to go ahead that the skin was very
thin.   Sure enough.....I'm not  much of a fan of Kumquats anyway, but this was
actually not bad.  It was  really good.  So I'm seriously thinking of adding it
to my citrus  trees.
Jim, are there certain Calamondins, or are they all pretty much like  this.
Just wondering.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 5/28/2005 9:38:25 PM Central Standard Time,