Re: Collecting - other than plants

Kitty, I collect cats, too, though nowhere near as extensively as
you.  None of mine are really valuable - just attractive figures I
have liked or people have given me.  I also collect owls, but
again, not an extensive collection.  We have a fairly good
collection of bird carvings - some of which are reasonably
valuable.  Every Thanksgiving we go to Chincoteague, Va.,
and one highlight of the trip is always a wildfowl carving show.
We treat ourselves to a good carving or two each year for our
Christmas present - have a nice lighted cabinet for them.
But the really extensive, lifelong collection belongs to Chet.
He collects pigs, and has literally hundreds.  One grandson
spent a week trying to count them.  Every room in the house
has either a shelf of pigs or something with a pig on it - lamp
shade, waste basket, key rack, etc.  Again, none of these is
especially valuable, but someday someone might find the
collection amusing.

In a message dated 07/28/2005 2:53:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,