Re: Goodbye Garden/elopement?

Ed & I celebrated 31 years this spring. We decided one Saturday to get married the next. I told my gossipy aunt to spread the word, called my mom brothers & grandma to meet us at the church (after making sure our cleric was available that day.) We had Kentucky fried chicken & potluck for the reception, my brother & uncle took pictures. I wore a simple white dress from JC Penney. We decorated the chapel with daffodils & daisies & Ed bought me a corsage of daisies to wear. The place was packed, we got neat gifts including great grandma's iron skillet. Spent less than $50, including gas to drive to Spokane for the weekend. Today's prices the chicken costs that much!
My vote is for a simple, homemade wedding. The memories will be just as sweet.

----- Original Message ----- From: <Cornergar@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Goodbye Garden

I am very intrigued that all you long-time married folks recommend eloping
and not spending a pile of money on a wedding. A piece of land of your own
certainly seems the better investment...'specially when it has space for a garden!
I personally think that industry(wedding) is obscene but since I've been
divorced for 30 years after being married 10 I didn't think my opinion would have
much credibility! Kathy