Re: Goodbye Garden

Just my opinion, but the more the merrier. This is a time for all of your friends and relatives to rejoice with you. Cut the menu and the frou-frou, not the guest list.

Also - you're making memories, and the memories are a lot sweeter if there's less to go wrong (It's hard to ruin cake and champagne punch - easy to ruin Prime Rib!)

----- Original Message ----- From: "SueNY" <sue.nyc@att.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Goodbye Garden

Unfortunately we both have oodles of cousins...My dad is one of 11, mom is
one of 5, fiance's dad is 1 of 14, his mom one of 3..she's the only one with
a small side. One of the joys of being Irish...large large families!
We already cut the guest list by deciding not to invite any kids..that
lowered things by 35...LOL! The only kids there will be our flower girl and
ring bearer. Most of my family is in New England and Canada so I doubt they
will all come...so we are looking at a guest list of roughly 75-80-mostly
his side!
I agree about those bridal mags. Apparently your marriage is doomed if you
don't have the $300 cake knife and $5000 wedding band! Crazy stuff!