Re: My First Ripe Tomato!

Most birds do the "wallow" thing in dirt...it's mostly to get rid of the
mites they carry on their bodies....a bird expert told me that one day.
He said the powder dust suffocates or kills off the mites that make them
itch. My roosters, ducks and guineas all do it too. I haven't seen
Peeper do it yet.

Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:  I'll bet you're right Bonnie! When it's this warm, my birds get down in the
flower beds and wallow out a little oblong spot in the mulch so they can
rest their bodies against the nice damp, cooler earth underneath. So every
evening I'm raking all the mulch back into the beds. Now if I can train
them to cover those bare spots when they're done....

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX