RE: An Inconvenient Truth

No, Jim.  Things that we think we know as fact may be completely discounted
in the future as  a "miss" by new information that scientists find.  Not all
scientists who believe this may or may not be a cyclical change are on the
carbon dole.  I do not get my info from Fox News regarding scientific
matters.  I prefer to read science magazines, PBS, check other sources
(books) and catch things on the web about items that catch my interest.  And
I do watch who sponsors what study.

So while you may believe that something today is honest fact, Jim, down the
road additional information may say differently.  I prefer to keep an open
mind and not think I KNOW for a fact what is a really convincing theory.  I
also do not believe that others are "misguided" because they don't allow for
the possibility that current scientific thought may not be the final word.
We now know the earth is NOT flat.  We now know that something fills "empty"
spaces in the universe (dark matter.)  The theory of relativity and the
previous laws of gravity are currently under suspicion right now.  Who knows
what else will be learned when more information about our planet is known?

Regardless whether we disagree on who is right about why the climate is
"different" or changing, don't you think the main point is for each of us to
actually DO something to do our parts?  I don't wait for any organization to
"guide" or force my actions.  I do what I can to reduce my own carbon
footprint and care for the piece of dirt I live on.  I purchase from those
who provide what I believe at the time to be "earth friendly" items and
avoid those who have proven they are not.  That takes no organization.  That
is just being responsible.   I'm sure you do the same.

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)